ZACK SABRE JR. DOJO STYLE WORKOUT
Having been fortunate enough to spend much of the last two years in one of the worlds top Japanese Pro Wrestling dojos, I often get asked about the level in which which we are expected to train at and to give them an idea of what to aim for.
The following is just a rough guide of what you should aim to achieve if you wish to follow a similar path or even if just wish to up your own personal conditioning level.
20 minutes of various stretching, rolling & tumbling to warm up.
• V Crunches (50 reps/2 sets)
• Leg Raises (50 reps/2 sets)
• Oblique Crunches (50 reps/3 sets)
• Back Extensions (30 reps/3 sets)
• Chair Elevated Push Ups (30 reps/10 sets)
• Hindu Push Ups (50reps/2sets)
• Reverse Hindu Push Ups (50reps/2sets)
• Various neck strengthening excercises (to be covered next time)
• 3 minute timed wrestlers bridge
• Hindu Squats (500reps/1 set)
• Jumping Squats (50reps/2 sets)
Between 30/45 seconds rest between in each set. Ideally train with a partner so you can rest while you alternate, counting for them to keep tempo.